Skip to content

Winter in Brooklyn

January 21, 2012

Finally, the first snowfall of winter here in New York City! Better late than never, right? To mark this snowy occasion, here are some winter photos from a project I shot for the Brooklyn Children’s Museum a few years back. The permanent exhibit, “Neighborhood Nature,” features a small number of photos printed at a very large scale (as big as 38 feet wide and 14 feet tall). The thousands of other photos had been hiding in my computer until I started posting them to this blog by season, first this past summer and then in the fall. Enjoy these winter photos, keep warm, and I’ll post the spring photos in a few months!

Prospect Park

Plumb Beach

Winter at Plumb Beach

Seashell and snow

Plumb Beach in winter

Plumb Beach ripple pattern

Plumb Beach, Brooklyn

Have any interesting winter photos to share? Post links in the comments section below!

Advertisements
12 Comments leave one →
  1. January 21, 2012 11:18 am

Beautiful photos! I have to drive a few hours to get to the snow….I’d rather just look at your photos :)

2. January 21, 2012 11:19 am

great photos, respect! They’re amazing ;)
    peace
    xandi

3. January 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Great photographs. Thanks for sharing and keep them coming.

4. January 21, 2012 1:21 pm

This photos is absolutely beautiful! Great work

5. January 21, 2012 1:34 pm

Absolutely amazing photos! Well done! I wish it would look like this here right now :)

6. Sasha permalink
    January 21, 2012 7:20 pm

Avi, you captured the beauty in snow.

7. January 22, 2012 10:24 am

Avi, these photos show an amazing artistic sensinility. I’m entranced by their beaity and your ‘eye’. Thank you from Australia, where it’s summer!

8. January 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback! Susie, I sure am jealous that you’re enjoying warm summer weather :)

9. January 23, 2012 6:05 am

Avi, I used to live in the USA years ago, in Pennsylvania, and used to get up to the city a lot. Loved the snow but right now AM loving summer. It’s an 80º night here, crickets singing outside, warm wind making leaf symphonies through the trees … outdoor concerts in the park. Light until late. OK–I’ll stop the jealousy-making stuff right now!

• January 23, 2012 11:16 am

Ah, sounds perfect. I’m hoping to visit Australia and New Zealand some day, they’re both high up on my list!