Skip to content

April 13, 2015

Last Thursday the Rockettes took a well-deserved break to indulge in a special treat unveiled at iconic Manhattan restaurant Serendipity 3. The New York Spring Spectacular Sundae, named after Radio City Music Hall’s new spring show, is three scoops of ice cream covered in fruit, whipped cream and edible candy flowers. The New York Spring Spectacular (and the sundae itself) are running through May 7, so enjoy them while you can!

Photo tech specs: Canon 5D Mark III camera, 24-70 f2.8 II lens @ 70mm, f4, 1/200th, ISO 1600.

The Radio City Rockettes enjoy the new New York Spring Spectacular Sundae at Serendipity 3 in Manhattan

April 9, 2015: The Radio City Rockettes indulge in the new New York Spring Spectacular Sundae at Serendipity 3 in Manhattan. — ©MSG

Advertisements
7 Comments leave one →
  1. April 21, 2015 5:17 am

Awesome capture!! I like the reflections !!

2. June 23, 2015 10:49 am

I’d like you to visit my blog. I love your blog.

3. Mary in Manhattan permalink
    August 29, 2015 12:24 pm

This is iconic. Absolutely awesome. Question – when do you know not to bring a big DSLR camera into a shoot? Is it ever not appropriate because it’s too big, or showy? Just got one so want to make sure I don’t piss people off!

• August 29, 2015 5:34 pm

Thanks for checking out my blog, Mary. I can’t remember a situation at a shoot where my DSLR was too big, but when it’s too loud for the venue (classical music concert, TV studio, etc.), I set my 5D Mark III to silent mode and sometimes throw this sucker on it too: http://www.adorama.com/czm.html

When I’m taking casual photos, my DSLR pretty much always stays home and I happily snap away with my iPhone :)

• Mary in Manhattan permalink
        August 30, 2015 5:00 pm

good to know – appreciate it!

4. Mary in Manhattan permalink
    August 29, 2015 12:25 pm

Reblogged this on Mary in Manhattan and commented:
    THIS! You guys, this has to be an iconic New York City photo. Serendipity AND the Rockettes? New York City staples coming together. Love it! Check out Avi’s blog for more awesome NYC shots. Hopefully one day I’ll have photos that great!

5. October 10, 2015 4:09 pm

Excellent shot! I love this blog!!